Listed below are the 50-State
websites providing state, city and county
Read article to find out - Is Austerity the Solution?
When government is constantly being asked to do more with less, the Internet is playing a key role in allowing government to better serve all of its citizens.
The Internet is dramatically changing
the way that American government serves
the public. Taking advantage of new
technology, many State and local governments
are using the web to offer citizens
a host of gov services including:
These government websites are important
- corresponding online with local
- providing information about government
- renewing library books or driver’s
- providing tax information and accepting
- applying for jobs or benefits.
- allow programs and services to be
offered in a more dynamic, interactive
way, increasing citizen participation
- increase convenience and speed
in obtaining information or services
- reduce costs in providing programs
and information about government services
- reduce the amount of paperwork;
- expand the possibilities of reaching
new sectors of the community or offering
Government website provide much valuable
information to the public . . . just
click on state name or flag.