Insurance For Pregnant Women
Insurance For Pregnant Women is now covered by all Health Insurance Marketplace and Medicaid plans. This is true even if your pregnancy begins before your coverage takes effect.
Maternity services covered by health plans include:
- Outpatient services, such as prenatal and postnatal doctor visits, gestational diabetes screenings, lab studies, medications, etc.
- Inpatient services, such as hospitalization, physician fees, etc.
- Newborn baby care
- Lactation counseling and breast pump rental
Private Health Plans and Pregnancy
- Maternity care and childbirth — services provided before and after your child is born — are essential health benefits. This means all qualified health plans inside and outside the Marketplace must cover them.
- You get this coverage even if you were pregnant before your coverage starts. Under the health care law pre-existing conditions are covered, including pregnancy.