. . . Dry Mouth Disease
Welcome to the web-home of drymouthdisease.com ...
Our mission is to provide dry mouth disease information to everyone experiencing serious and chronic dry mouth disease conditions of the mouth, tongue and throat dryness, dry mouth treatment, dry mouth cures and general mouth health advice.
What do I need to know about Dry Mouth?
Dry mouth is the feeling that there is not enough saliva in the mouth.
Everyone has a dry mouth once in a while -- if they are nervous, upset or under stress.
But if you have a dry mouth all or most of the time, it can be uncomfortable and can lead to serious health problems. It can also be a sign of certain diseases and conditions.
- can cause difficulties in tasting, chewing, swallowing, and speaking
- can increase your chance of developing dental decay and other infections in the mouth
- can be caused by certain medications or medical treatments
Dry mouth is not a normal part of aging. So if you think you have dry mouth, see your dentist or physician to find out if there are things you can do to get relief. Click now for Health Tip of the Day.
Symptoms of Dry Mouth include:
- a sticky, dry feeling in the mouth
- trouble chewing, swallowing, tasting, or speaking
- a burning feeling in the mouth
- a dry feeling in the throat
- cracked lips
- a dry, rough tongue
- mouth sores
- an infection in the mouth
Why is Saliva so Important?
Saliva does more than keep the mouth wet.
- It helps digest food
- It protects teeth from decay
- It prevents infection by controlling bacteria and fungi in the mouth
- It makes it possible for you to chew and swallow
Without enough saliva you can develop tooth decay or other infections in the mouth. You also might not get the nutrients you need if you cannot chew and swallow certain foods.
Featured names are highlighted premium value domain-names mostly with dot-com & dot-org name endings. Names ending with dot-best benefit from best being a powerful keyword used as a Verb, Noun, Adjective or Adverb. You can visit featured or best names of interest with links to purchase or make an offer to buy.