Visit an Orthodontist?
Treatment For Bruxism
Botox for Teeth Problems
Invisalign Best Cosmetic Dentist Invisalign or Braces Visit a Cosmetic Dentist
Teeth Whitening 5 Benefits of Dermal Fillers Dental Health Cavities HOME
Invisalign – The Perfect Way to Align Your Teeth
Many people stop wearing traditional braces because of its appearance and discomfort. Hence, they are switching to a new technology in the world of orthodontic treatment called Invisalign. These are removable braces that are made up of plastic. Once your teeth starts aligning, you will have to replace
the old Invisalign braces with new ones to align your teeth even more. As compared to traditional braces, there are no wires present on it to fasten it over your teeth.
Advantages of Wearing Invisalign
• Irritation is the main problem most people face while using metal braces. However, Invisalign users do not face this problem at all because it is made up of smooth and irritation-free plastic.
• You can remove them whenever you want. So, when you want to eat food or floss your teeth, you can take them off.
• Before you start wearing Invisalign braces, an orthodontist will let you know how your teeth will appear after the completion of your treatment.
• The best thing about it is that it appears invisible, so nobody will be able to notice that you are wearing teeth aligners.
• It takes less time as compared to conventional braces to correct your dental problem.
Meeting an Orthodontist for Invisalign Treatment
If you want to start wearing Invisalign teeth aligner, you need to approach an orthodontist. An orthodontist will first take dental impressions of your teeth. After examining the X-rays and photograph’s of your teeth, he will send all the information to Align Technology, the company that manufactures Invisalign teeth aligners. A 3D model of your teeth is then created at Align Technology and after studying the position and movement of your teeth, a suitable aligner for you is sent to the orthodontist.
Things to know before you go ahead with Invisalign
- Your orthodontist will suggest you to keep on wearing your Invisalign braces for at least 20 to 22
hours daily. This will help you correct your dental problem within 12 to 18 months of using it.
- All dentists do not have the expertise to provide Invisalign treatment. Hence, you need to find
those orthodontists who specialize in providing Invisalign treatment.
- Invisalign is slightly expensive as compared to traditional braces and regular treatment can incur
more expenditure but it surely does help in achieving the desired results in less time.
- Since you are able to remove them easily whenever you want, you may misplace them easily.
- Even though you can find many cleaning tips using easily obtainable items on the web in order to clean your Invisalign aligners, it is highly recommended to use official cleaning system offered by Align Technology.