Skin Care Masks
Cleansers are used to cleanse the skin of impurities and restore the skin to its natural oil balance.
Types of Cleansers
- Soap: Almost everyone uses it. If you have dry or oily skin be sure your soap is helping correct the problem. Medicated soaps are meant for acne and problem skin, hypo allergenic soaps are meant for sensitive skin and there are drying soaps for oily skin and oily soaps for dry skin. If you have problem skin it is best to see a dermatologist.
- Liquid Cleansers: Are made for all types of skin. A good cleanser goes deep into the pores to loosen and lift excess oil and makeup.
- Creams: Are used for dry skin
- Pad Cleansers: Are thick wad of absorbent material and are good for touch ups throughout the day.
- Grains: Are coarse cleansers that are used for oily skin
- Refreshers: Are used to complete the cleansing process. They help tone; sooth and rehydrate the skin keep complexions clear and clean.
Types of Refreshers:
- Astringents: Are meant for oily and normal skin types. They usually have alcohol as an ingredient that will stimulate the complexion and close the pores. This is not a product to use on dry skin.
- Toners: Are mild refreshers and are meant for normal and dry skin.
- Fresheners: Are recommended for dry, sensitive or problem skin.
Moisturizers:Replenishes moisture and nourishes the skin. Types of Moisturizers:
- Moisturizers for normal skin: Helps maintain the moisture in normal skin.
- Moisturizers for dry skin: Helps restore skin’s natural moisture balance.
- Oil Control Moisturizers: Help control excess oil and prevent blemishes
- Emollients: Are rich creams suited for extra dry skin that replenishes the natural supply of the skin’s oil. This moisturizing cream forms a protective shield that minimizes moisture evaporation and allows increased hydration of dry areas.
Types of Facial Masks:
- Facial Masks for normal to dry skin: Help relax facial muscles and remove dry flaky skin.
- Facial Masks for oily skin: Refines skin’s texture and deep cleans to help control surface sebum.
- Pore Packs are designed to eliminate blackheads and reduce blemishes, mostly used for oily skin.
Face Masks and Cleansers
Firming Face Mask
- Whisk together
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon glycerin (available drug & beauty stores)
- Enough flour to form a paste (approx 1/4 cup)
- Smooth over face and throat
- Leave on 10-minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
Honey Cleansing Scrub
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons finely ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Rub gently onto face
- Rinse off with warm water.
Solution for Dry Elbows and Knees:
- Start by using a good body scrub to exfoliate in the shower.
- Next mash-up pineapple in the blender and rub it on your elbows and knees.
- Leave it on for about 15-minutes so the natural enzymes can do their work.
- Shower it off and follow up with a thick lotion.
- You'll be amazed how soft your skin feels!
Dry Skin Body Treatment
Heat almond oil in Pyrex dish until warm; slather all over your body. Standing outside the shower, turn on the spray till the water is hot, closing the shower curtain or door till Steam forms. Now, enter the shower and stand under the steam (not the hot water!) For 10-minutes. Feel the oil slip into your skin. Next, stand under the warm -- not hot -- water for 10-minutes ... then wash well.